I am trying to put forward the layout of the location where the robbery took place. There are five wings A B C D and E, each wings has 3 buildings. There are 8 floors in ABCD building . The wing E and one building in C wing has 11 floors. At present there are 544 flats occupied in wing A B C and D wing, E wing has 132 flats, many of them are occupied. In the wing C a 11 floors building is under construction, 24/7 there are workers moving around, some workers are residing over night in that building. The contractor has used a separate security agency for this under construction flats and also for the flats in E wing. Other 544 flats has separate security agency and there are 16 CCTV cameras with 24/7 recording system.
These sample images show the seriousness and approval methods of Fire fighting system in these multi floor buildings. The arrow and circle area shows the worst negligence, no connection, no special nozzle and less length of the pipe for reaching to the other end of the flat from the fire hydrant. In one building all 8 floors do not have this pipe installed on each wheel.
These images show the seriousness of security and safety about electrical main switches, meters, telephone / Internet connections given to every flat. It is foolish to expect high sustained downloading rate of a broadband connection and theft of electrical power from any meter connection in these type of unprotected installation.
Any way, back to main topic, “the fourth side of the coin”. These robberies occurred on 29th Oct. the last day of Diwali celebrations, timing between 12 midnight to early morning around 5 o’clock of 30th Oct. A robbery was detected on the same floor where I stay by my neighbor, during the discussion I remembered that I saw 2 persons operating the switches and pulling the wire of the camera in image , I did ask them ” what are they up to” they said they were from maintenance, in the darkness I could not see their face. That time was between 8 to 8.15 pm, that was my daily evening walk and I was on my third round, this information was recorded by visiting policeman. It turned out that I had made a mistake to mention this, I was questioned by many personnel from investigative team for 4 consecutive days. My questioning taken place in the CCTV monitor room, there I came to know, from 28th Oct video recording of all cameras was stopped but display was monitoring every camera from 5 in the evening.This robbery incident and the facts made me to use my “fourth D” approach, I am still searching the answers of following questions –
- Who benefited from this robbery? It seems almost every one of those affected by robbery said nothing is missing from their flat.
- Was it meant to create fear in the tenants? so that present tenant vacate the flat and the estate agents will have new commission from new tenancy deal. Even society office gets 3 thousand rupees Administration and NOC charges from the new tenant (which is illegal for any society, because they are not helping in any way to the tenants, on the other hand the tenants are not called in any important discussions relating to building and the related problems).
- Who had access to CCTV control room and could stop the recording system?
- Is someone wants to prove that the present CCTV system is not serving or worth for security of the building? May be interested in getting new contract.
- What was the role of security guard? because no security guard has noticed any thing unusual that night. Every robbery was informed by the tenants on that floor, no guard bothered to go in other building on routine check of other flats to find out how many places the main door had been broken.
- Is some one is trying to change the present security team by showing their failure through this incident?
- Why there was no questioning of suppliers or supervisors controlling the house maids working in almost every flat? Because these maids have the detail information about each tenant, that is the important information for a robbery, it means it is for sell and somebody has paid for that information. The robbers were professionals, they have used the Crow bar to break the wooden door frame, did not bother to break the lock.
I had written this in my Marathi language blog, few has welcomed my approach, but few commented “what I achieved by this writing? Why I did not tell this to concerned authorities? True, even police questioned me, how I have knowledge about the CCTV system and why I was taking interest in this incident?
I have one answer to all this, It is better to follow the “three monkeys” and try to remain away from such troubles in future !!!!
Could you please tell me, am I doing right thing ????????